This is the first in our new series ‘Shaping Your Hybrid Working Strategy,’ a collection of articles that will look at how to successfully move to a Hybrid Working model while ensuring your people remain at the forefront.
As the world goes back to a “new normal” following the peak of the COVID19 pandemic, organisations are investing a lot of time in planning and discovering how to navigate this next step. As offices re-open and cities start to fill with people again, what does this mean for your staff?
For many, the answer is a move to hybrid working: the combination of working both remotely, and from a physical workplace.
As hybrid workplace consultants, we encourage organisations to put a strategy in place that ensures every person can thrive within the hybrid workplace. Because every organisation is different, you need a strategy that reflects the general trends in society – whilst capturing the essence of what makes your organisation a great place to work.
We’ve put together 9 key questions that you should be asking internally, or already be able to answer, when planning your hybrid work strategy. These relate back to the 3 key pillars of any Hybrid Workplace strategy:
- Change Management, the people
- Physical Environment, the place
- Technology Platform, the tech
We’ve also highlighted these questions based on the common themes which keep coming up when talking to our customers: flexible working, employee wellbeing and effective meetings.
Questions to ask around Change Management, the people side of a move to Hybrid Working:
- Are you giving people clarity around what is expected of them and their work patterns?
- Who owns “Employee Experience” for your organisation?
- How do you change the meeting culture in a Hybrid Workplace?
Questions to ask about your Physical Space when looking into a Hybrid Workplace strategy:
- How do we balance the need to manage capacity with flexibility for staff?
- How do we ensure everyone can strike the right life/work balance?
- How can we create an equality of experience regardless of location?
Questions to ask about the Technology Platform you are using when moving to a Hybrid Working model:
- Does your platform allow effective communication to a Hybrid Workforce?
- How can you use data from Microsoft 365 to improve Wellbeing?
- How can you reduce the number of “bloated” or ineffective meetings?
We’ve put these questions into a handy grid thank you can download for use when shaping your own strategy:
Expert advice on moving to a Hybrid Working model
For companies that haven’t yet explored new ways of working, the idea of a Hybrid Model might seem unfamiliar and daunting. At Hable, we have experience in working with companies to help them manage this move to a Hybrid world.
Kickstart your Hybrid Working journey and get in touch with us today for a chat.